Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Hell-oooo Lent!

I had all these really great stories about the girls. About how Carolyn was super smart and Penny was a huge pain in the ass. At least I think those were the stories.

I don't really remember any of them right now. Why, you might ask. Well. I've been Facebooking. Ugh... It's like a sickness. The constant need for attention. The constant checking. The constant reporting of every thought that pops into my head.

Well... I've had enough. I'm out, at least for the next 46 days. That's how long Lent lasts and how long I will be banning the Facebook. If there's one thing I know a little something about, it's giving stuff up. I'm an expert at it and should probably be on Oprah. And every time I've given anything up, I've quickly realized I didn't need it that much anyway.

That's not to say I don't need help. Steve is going in to change my password. Right. Pathetic was the word that came to MY mind too.

I'm also giving up beer and wine. I'm not giving up hard alcohol, because it's not so much that I want to give up drinking, but I wanted to give up distractions. And after a long winter stuck inside, I'm well aware that a bottle of wine is a lovely distraction. Like Facebook and all my very bestest Facebook friends.

So hello Lent. I'm ready for you. And maybe in a day or two, I'll remember the names and some stories of those two kids I live with.

No comments: