Friday, April 14, 2006

Ouch

So, in the span of just a few months, I have a baby, spend a month alone with an infant and a toddler, move and set up in a brand new city.

Everything is dandy when WHAM... I'm laid up in bed with back spasms. Oh My God. They are so painful. Today, I have been unable to put on shoes, pick up Penny or stand up without saying, "Ewweww, ohhhh, ewweww."

Worse, maybe, than labor pains.

These started about a week ago. I decide chiropractic care might be the way to go. No medicines (still nursing) and a pseudo-doctor-like setting.

Three visits and $60 later, I can't pick a sock up off the floor.

So I did what any red-blooded American does. I picked up my insurance card and headed to the clinic. The doctor, nice fellow, seems to have seen a lot of this. He prescribes muscle relaxers, tells me my baby might be a little sleepy but nothing to worry about and I come on home $23 out.

Makes me wonder about all this fuss over breastfeeding and such. If I can take hard-core drugs (he also told me to use up the Vicodin I have in my medicine cabinet) then why not a drink or two? How important IS diet?

So tonight, after a greasy pizza with hot peppers, two beers, a muscle relaxer and a Vicodin, Penny and I should both be doing A-OK.

No comments: