Thursday, April 13, 2006

We're here

The wireless age.

Thanks to my mom and aunt sandy, who were determined that I reap the benefits of discounts and modern technology, our family is wireless. I can't say I hate it. In fact, I'm in the kitchen feeding Penny, looking for a financial advisor and listening to Carolyn not take her nap (because technology will only take you so far), all because of this awesome new setup.

Steve, in particular, is smitten. He used to read all the news sites at work, but now with his new workaholic position, he has been left to rely on the morning news shows. But now, he can surf at breakfast, on the couch, getting some rays... basically, anywhere.

We were joking last night that we need two computers. I can shop and blog while he watches stupid things people post online. When we need to talk, we can just IM each other. E-mail, we decided, is just too slow.

1 comment:

The Jacobs said...

I loved having wireless. I could be outside. I could be in bed. I could take that laptop anywhere within a few feet of the house. And yes, we actually did IM each other once when Scott was on the main PC and I was on the laptop. Pathetic and lazy, and we know it. But it rocked. We no longer have a laptop, but I'm so ready to get a new one, and soon.