Monday, April 03, 2006

Weekend Fun



Leave it to an experienced bridesmaid to throw a lovely wedding.

My friend Heather, whose friendship falls into the category of this blog, married Mark over the weekend. I'm sorry to say I don't know Mark. And frankly, I'm not all that tight with Heather anymore. Oh how friends fall out of focus. And even so, it means so much to see how happy her life has been. Seeing her get hitched and having her meet the girls, if only for a minute because everyone knows how crazy a wedding day can be, was a great experience.

Heather, after all, introduced me to alternative rock, microbrew beer and Eddie Bauer. At 19, I needed that.

Our camera and our picture taking abilities seem to be a little on the fritz, but here's a shot of Carolyn dancing the night away.

It really was awesome to have Carolyn at the wedding. Most weddings are "no kid" affairs, which I totally understand because of money and such. But little kids really do know how to make the most of a party. Carolyn was the first on the floor and the first to be carried home, too tired from all her partying.

But I digress.

The family and I had a great time both at the wedding, and getting to see two cities I've never been to before, Indianapolis and Cinncinati. We walked around Cincinnati Sunday morning and got coffee and felt really big city for about an hour. Boy, does that city have a homeless problem. Yikes.

Here's the girls enjoying the kind-of warm morning stroll.



No comments: