Friday, June 22, 2007

Carolyn is just... weird

The girls and I had an awful pool day yesterday. Let me begin by saying it was due. We've been almost every day since it opened and walked away with happy memory after happy memory.

To top it all off, the bad day was kind of my fault.

Carolyn, aka little fishy, loves the pool and everything related to it. At the toddler pool, there's this pretty long slide that requires kids to walk around the landscaping to the top and wait in line.

Only Carolyn isn't so good at the line waiting. She'll only go down the slide if there is NOBODY in line behind her. So yesterday, I was getting a little tired of continually hauling Penny (who will NOT go down the slide) up and down the ramp to help Carolyn.

It ended in an ugly meltdown and a very, very tired mom.

Anyway, I was telling this to Steve and he said it always looks like she has to go to the bathroom. Lightbulb ON... Yes, I say, and I know why.

They play music at the pool. One of the speakers is directly above the waiting-in-line area. It's often of the 80s variety.

Carolyn is dancing.

She gets up there, waits for a minute and just can't help herself. She gets to moving her little feet so fast that of course she can't be bothered with a line.

So what if all the kids look at her like she's bonkers. So what if it takes her 20 minutes to get down the slide. So what...

If the girl has to dance, who am I to stop her?

No comments: