Wednesday, June 27, 2007

A series of humiliating events

Do you know how annoying unpacking can be? Well, try it after you packed, drove 180 miles, ate at two fast food restaurants, shopped at Wal-Mart and then returned home because you were sleepy.

Yeah. I pretty much hate myself too.

The girls and I were on our way to Michigan to see Julie, one of my all-time favorite peeps. And while it's impossible to articulate what happened to me, let me say there was a lot of screaming and crying involved, only the girls were perfect.

A friend of mine I had intended to meet for lunch said, "Good for you for knowing your limitations."

I think she meant, "You are such a loser." Anyhow, my stress list was running a teensy bit high. I have five stories out with editors, only one of which has actually been edited (you can see it here). My inlaws are arriving at my house hours after I had scheduled to return to Normal.

And finally, I had a pretty awful case of insomnia last night coupled by a headache I realized was the result of grinding my teeth.

Excuses, excuses. I had a 2-day window this year to see Julie and totally blew it. Good for me, for knowing my limitations.

Hooray for me...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

don't be so hard on yourself. Think of all the wonderful things you do for people