Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Back to the empty potty training drawing board

I'll keep this pretty short because I'm in a very foul mood. Not your fault, faithful reader, but I lash out when I'm grumpy.

Here's one for the "Holy Shit" category, literally. I took Carolyn to the water park this afternoon. Only 10 minutes into fun, fun, fun playtime, she take a big poop in her bathing suit. (Do you ever notice you call it a bathing suit or swimsuit, but you never call it a swimming suit, which is what it is. Hmmmm.)

I thought we were way beyond a big poop in front of a bunch of kids at a park. Even last summer I never put her in diapers when she wore her swimsuit and she never did this. Never.

I guess we're not as close as we think we are.

I can only hope it came on so quickly, and she was having so much fun from our new favorite park, that it just happened.

Well, at least we weren't at the pool. That would have been so much worse.

3 comments:

Christine said...

I don't need to remember it. I have my blog. It's my excuse to drink myself into an early grave.

Anonymous said...

It's OK. I'm guessing Salman also occasionally has this happen after too much Taco Bell. You KNOW that pull my finger routine occasionally has unexpected repercussions.

slmcanal said...

Do you remember, or have you blocked out your experience with Julia in the bathtub at the house on Shepard St. I think she was, like THREE years old then...