Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Good news

So a few posts ago, I say this family needs something great to happen. And so it came to pass....

WE FINALLY GOT AN OFFER ON THE HOUSE!!!

All told, we still lose our shirts on the deal and have to forgo any gifts or vacations for the next five years, but no more house.

And when I see it written like that, I can't help but be thrilled.

I also got an e-mail today from the Newcomers Group, the one I told the recruiting director I'd join and later decided not to join, but never e-mailed her to let her know, as is my style. So now I'm faced with whether to ignore the e-mail, and risk the awkward encounter that's sure to follow at some playground, someday. Or, I could e-mail back and tell her thanks, but I just got a book deal and I don't have time for your silly group. Or, I join, because I don't have any friends, any prospect of friends or any skills to acquire friends and this is probably my only shot until I one day get a job.

It's all so complicated, I think I'll just not think about it right now.

Instead, I think about my fake book deal and how my interview on the Today Show will go.

No comments: