Friday, June 16, 2006

Today is hot, hot, hot

Ever wonder what a hungry 2-year-old looks like after a one-mile walk in 90 degree heat? Well, here you go:

Today we walked to Fell Park after Penny slept too late to go to the gym. There was some sort of crazy play group there. Every mother must have had no less than four children. I wouldn't know the specifics because they didn't talk to me. Here's my best guesses of why:

1) They're all married to the same Mormon man and didn't like the looks of their new competition.

2) I walked to the park so they thought I was endangering the lives of my children by not taking the minivan.

3) I was just too darn groovy for them.

I know. You're thinking, "Hey Chris, former newspaper reporter who talked to strangers for a living, why not use those recently latent skills and spark up your own conversation?"

Good question. But, as you might know, I'm horrible at coming up with things to talk about with other housewives. (How's this for an opener; Hey, did you see the story on the front page of today's paper about the stalker cop? His lawyer swears he's not a serial rapist.) And this group, six mothers with 25 kids, was just the smallest bit intimidating.

Anyhow, I think we'll stay home today. I filled the kiddie pool, the hammock's hung and we've got enough food for one more dinner.

Ooh, gotta go. My shows are on.

No comments: