Sunday, June 04, 2006

Here's what we'll be doing this summer




A few days ago my neighbor told me that a couple of the area's public parks have water play areas. Our family decided to check out the Tipton Trails park yesterday and, I am not exaggerating, it was the most fun Carolyn has ever had. Ever.

Some of you might remember some video footage or Carolyn in Chicago last year at a water play area. She kind of stood there. Kind of smiled. Kind of looked confused.

Well boy, she's 2 and thing have changed. There's nothing uncertain about her relationship with water. Love. She was standing there shivering, lips blue, pleading with us to not leave. It might be stronger than her feelings (which I hope to be temporary) for Caillou.

And great for Steve and I and our padlocked wallets, it's totally free!

Only downside? Well. These newfangled subdivision parks with their fancy contraptions are brand-spankin' new, so there isn't a tree within three miles that taller than three feet.

Our most recent favorite thing is to walk to Fell Park, which is about a half mile into an older neighborhood. It's completely shaded during the walk, there are nice big trees to sit under for our newest sitter-upper, Penny....


...and the playground is 100 percent 2-year-old friendly.

But no water. Oh well. That can be remedied with a super-soaker water gun, two juice boxes and the hottest of days when my non-sunburned children have fun with just mom.

Who am I kidding. It's love and there's nothing I can do about it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»

Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»