Sunday, June 04, 2006

Potty training as an in-exact science

Carolyn is getting a little better about the potty training every day. It's so dumb, but I find myself incredibly excited by the whole process. Well, maybe not the whole process.

So this morning, the fam, including Fife, take a walk to the closest park. Maybe three out of four times, there's nobody there. Today, there are two kids not too far from Carolyn's age are playing there. We're playing and having a great old time.

The kids' grandma, who must have noticed the lack of bulge in the backside, asks me, "Is she potty trained?" I hear a little awe, or maybe its skepticism, in her voice.

Well, I say, she's getting there and we had a great morning. And this was so true.

But not 30 seconds after bragging about my super child, Carolyn squats down and pees. Aggg. Not such a great morning after all, grandma observes.

Uh. Hmmm. What's the etiquette on pee-soaked playground rocks? It's probably not to flee quickly and quietly, the way we did.

Thing is, Carolyn sees Fife pee outside all the time and that's totally cool. When she does it, she gives herself a little standing ovation.

Well, back to the drawing board. And I had already figured out a way to blow the $10 a week I spend on her diapers. I guess I'll just buy shoes next year.

No comments: