Sunday, January 25, 2009

Because I'm a big girl

Carolyn is really into the idea of being a big girl. More specifically, she likes the idea of being older than Penelope.

"Because I'm a big girl," she'll say after she pours her own cereal. "But Penny can't do that yet. She's still a little girl."

Ahhhh. Right? Well, it gets a little old after a while. It's a constant observation of how she's better than her sister. Constant. She eats her dinner because she's a big girl. She goes to school because she's a big girl. She finishes this puzzle because she's a big girl.

And then there's Penny. "I can't do that because I'm not big yet."

Oh good grief. Sometimes I like to point out that Carolyn is a mere two years older than her sister, while I am 30 years old than her. Then I think about this and realize I shouldn't be telling her how old I am. Otherwise, she might being to taunt me the way my friend's daughter does.

She might start saying I'm as old as mold.

No comments: