Monday, January 26, 2009

Because it make me feel bad

I have no way to convey the tone of Penny's voice as she says, "But it make me feel bad." It's sort of whiny, and at the same time, deeply theatrical.

And it's hard not to crack a smile when she uses it so absurdly. Steve and I have actually gotten past that point, now only rolling our eyes as a single tear rolls down her pink cheek.

She uses it almost every night at dinner. "I don't like that. It make me feel bad." She could have a deep-fried Twinkie on her plate and this would likely be her reaction.

There's the 80 times a day she's told not to snatch away Carolyn's toy. "But I want it. You make me feel bad."

How about when she's asked to put on her shoes? "I don't like shoes. It make me feel bad."

You get the picture. It's too bad she lives in such an unsympathetic household.

1 comment:

Julia M. said...

Wow. A deep fried twinkie. Have you ever actually had one of those? ...I have a new goal :)