Saturday, January 10, 2009

Status updates

For whatever reason, I've had about a billion things I've wanted to say today on Facebook. But I always think it's weird when people update like 15 times a day, so I've just kept these thoughts crammed inside, creating a mini-pressure system waiting to explode.

So instead, I'll just update here.

1) Christine has reason to believe Helvetica is the top reason for Facebook's popularity.
2) Christine thinks she's the only person in the world to watch VH1s Charm School reunion and a PBS documentary on fonts in the same evening.
3) Christine thinks she missed the memo that required all people to clean their house today.
4) Christine is hungry.
5) Christine wonders if she'll ever get sick of her Colin Hay Pandora station.
6) Christine hates banner ads that say things like, "What would happen to your family if you died today."
7) Christine wishes Penny wasn't sick or hurt every other week. Although... she is a good patient.

Whew... That felt good. I'm sure there's a lot I'd like to say, but I think I'll spend the time with my family instead. Christine wonders if there's a such a thing as too much time with one's children.

3 comments:

Julia M. said...

So... ummm... how do I break this to you... uhhh... maybe - just perhaps - you're od-ing on facebook? :)

Sharanya said...

I love how you end your posts with lines that make one think!

Christine said...

Julie, I absolutely agree. Facebook imparts a real sense of self-importance and promotes grandstanding, not at all like blogging... But still, maybe I should take a break. I was thinking of giving up Facebook for Lent, but I think maybe a little sooner might be wise.