Friday, January 30, 2009

The 25 Random Things Virus

Everybody on Facebook has been writing these 25 things about me lists. To tell the truth, I haven't even logged onto Facebook in the past couple of days. I've been sick, and sort of busy, so I'm behind on my list reading.

Here's my list. But mine is a list of 25 random thoughts I had today. And you thought everybody else's list was boring.

1. Why can't I keep my basil plant alive?
2. I love it when Carolyn says, "Mommy. You make the best cookies in the world."
3. Where does dust come from?
4. Carolyn is doing much better at our new puzzle than Penny. This is usually reversed.
5. Carolyn was singing along with the Decemberists when they came on Pandora. How cool is that!
6. I don't think Steve would enjoy watching a Steelers' Super Bowl with other people.
7. I love cooking, particularly baking.
8. Cooking relaxes me the way gardening relaxes other people.
9. I will never experience that feeling with gardening, no matter how hard I try.
10. Carolyn's swim coach just told us yesterday how awesome she's doing and how fast she's catching on. Rock on.
11. Oh the UPS truck!
12. Ohhhh. Not for us.
13. I'm reading a book by a popular Czech author right now. I bet Julia knows about him.
14. I wonder if he's the Grisham of the Czech Republic, because if he is, those people are way smarter than Americans.
15. Penelope is the biggest drama queen I have ever met. Today at the store, she wanted to buy everything she walked by. "I want to buy that bag. I want to buy those socks. I want to buy a shirt. I want that."
16. I feel bad for my mom if she ever goes shopping with Penny because she'll leave the store completely broke.
17. I can't wait to go running tomorrow when it finally warms up to 32.
18. Milk was $2.99 at the store today. I saw one woman with three gallons of milk. That would cost her $9 a week, just for milk!
19. I had a really good story idea this week that probably isn't going to happen.
20. On the plus side, I'm doing pretty good on my New Year's resolutions.
21. I love my homemade laundry detergent.
22. My three favorite kitchen gadgets are my Kitchen Aide mixer, my rice cooker and my bean masher, which mashes way more than beans.
23. Carolyn wanted green beans at the store today, so I bought them.
24. I wish I could afford a complete body scrub.
25. Sleeping a ridiculously long time is the best way to fight a cold. That and whiskey.

2 comments:

Julia M. said...

whiskey and a good Czech novel! OK, so which novel, author is it??

Eric and Julie said...

#11 and #12 made me laugh! I do that, too.