Thursday, January 08, 2009

Lions, Tigers and Shots... Oh my

I saw my future today, and it's not pretty.

While Penny was having her annual exam (she's 100 percent on height and 75 on weight, fyi. Tall girl!) I got both girls flu shots. Penny was fine, but Carolyn expressed slight dissatisfaction with her service. Actually, she acted like she was ambushed, and she sort of was.

But whatever. It's one shot. But in a few months, she'll need four shots. FOUR!!! This is going to take more than a Steak and Shake milkshake and plate of french fries (which I swore I wasn't going to eat, but then I did and then I ate most of them). At 4 years old (5 by the time we return to the doctor) she knows what a shot is. And she can count to four. And she's got a much better memory than I do.

Since this isn't until April, I'll try not to think about it too much. But I definitely will need to come up with a plan of action for a) getting her the shots and b)rewarding her for her oh-so-brave behavior.

3 comments:

Eric and Julie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Eric and Julie said...

I did that to Isaac, too. When Henry was in for his 6 month checkup, I got them both flu shots. A peanut butter cup was all the bribe we needed, but he still asks occasionally if we're going to the doctor. No doctor, he says.
We have to go back Monday for Henry's booster flu shot, but his thighs are so thick, I don't think they bother him too much.

The Jacobs said...

You so don't want to hear the story of the last time we were act the doctor's office (but I'm telling it anyway). Payton was only getting rechecked for her ear infection and since she is now healthy they gave her the flu shot. She does pretty well with it. There was an 8-year-old girl, however, that preferred to avoid the shot she needed at all costs. She jumped off the exam table, fell face-first onto the floor, busted her chin open and bit through her tongue. Every child in the waiting room was stone cold.